How To Write City And State In A Sentence?
If there is no street address — just a city and a state — put a comma between the city and the state. If the sentence continues after the state name place a comma after the state. Belle Planet lives in Venus New York but she is thinking of moving to Mars.
How do you list cities and states in a sentence?
You could use a comma to separate the cities from the countries and a semicolon to separate the locations. See the example of the semicolon being used as a super-comma given at this The Oatmeal comic: I have lived in Sydney Australia Tokyo Japan and Paris France. Note that the list ends with “Paris France”.
How do you put city in a sentence?
- You should have called the city cops. …
- The three-story building looked big enough to cover a city block. …
- The rulers of the city met to decide what should be done with the corn. …
- You used to be a big city detective. …
- I just wanted to see a bit of your city before I drive to your car.
How do you write location in a sentence?
You also use commas when you include addresses and locations. When you include an address in a sentence be sure to place a comma after the street and after the city. Do not place a comma between the state and the zip code.
Is there a comma between city and state abbreviation?
A comma must follow both the city and state when they appear together at the beginning or middle of a sentence. A comma must follow both the city and the state when they appear together at the beginning or middle of a sentence. … Use a comma to separate a city from a state.
How do you write a city and province?
You can now throw in the city name followed by the province. Canada Post would rather you didn’t use a comma between the city name and province but you can use a comma on your business cards website etc. The province can be abbreviated or written in full doesn’t matter much either way.
Is a city state a country?
How do you use the word state in a sentence?
- Oh what a terrible state he is in! …
- She came tearing upstairs a few minutes ago in a state of great excitement. …
- The state picked her up this morning.
Can we use it for city?
Registered. but it is an ‘it’. Except in some context when you would refer to a city as ‘they’. the character and masculinity of a city is all opinion.
What are cities examples?
- Tokyo Japan – 37+ million.
- Mexico City Mexico – 21 million.
- Mumbai India – 20 million.
- São Paulo Brazil – 18 million.
- Lagos Nigeria – 13 million.
- Calcutta India – 13 million.
- Buenos Aires Argentina – 12 million.
- Seoul South Korea – 12 million.
How do you punctuate city and state in a sentence?
- When a city and state appear together at the beginning or in the middle of a sentence a comma must follow both the city and the state. …
- When the name of the state is the last word in a sentence it is NOT followed by a comma.
How do you write a city state country?
Unless a place name is at the end of a sentence and followed by sentence-ending punctuation whenever you list a city and a state or a city and a country place commas around the state or the country. The rule applies even when the country or state name is abbreviated.
How do you write an address in a sentence example?
When writing an address all on one line or in a sentence use a comma before the following elements: the apartment or suite number the city and the state. It’s not necessary to use a comma before the zip code. Her address is 3425 Stone Street Apt. 2A Jacksonville FL 39404.
How do you abbreviate states in a sentence?
- In conjunction with the name of a city town village or military base in most datelines use the traditional abbreviation.
- In lists and tabular material use the traditional abbreviation.
- In short-form listings of party affiliation use the traditional abbreviation (D-Ala. R-Mont.).
Do you put a comma between county and state?
Use a comma after place names using states or counties.
Do you put a comma after state in an address?
Do you put a comma after city and province?
If there is no street address — just a city and a state — put a comma between the city and the state. If the sentence continues after the state name place a comma after the state. … Commas also separate countries from the city/state/province: Roger lives in Edinburgh Scotland near a large body of water.
How do you refer to a city in Canada?
In articles that identify a Canadian location the location should be identified with the information City Province/Territory Canada or equivalent wording unless the article text or title has already established that the subject is Canadian e.g. it is not necessary to identify the “Parliament of Canada” as being …
Do you put a comma after a province in a sentence?
Similarly a comma separates a place name from the name of a province or the abbreviation for that province and the province’s name or abbreviation is normally followed by a comma within the body of a sentence or sentence equivalent: Swift Current Saskatchewan has applied to host the event.
What city-state means?
What is difference between city and state?
What is another word for city-state?
What are state sentences?
When an offender is sentenced to 2 years or more this is considered a state sentence. … If the offender is given a sentence that is less than 24 months it is considered a county sentence and the judge makes the decision regarding release.
Which sentence is one that says and states about something?
A sentence that says or states something is called an assertive sentence.
How can I use make in a sentence?
- Drowning your sorrows in eggnog will only make you feel worse in the long run. …
- That does make sense. …
- You make a difference. …
- Did you make any real progress? …
- They didn’t make it to the restaurant. …
- It shouldn’t make any difference if he’s adopted. …
- I always make it a rule to speak out.
Do you call a city she?
Cities and countries don’t have gender in English. Sometimes however the a city or country is referred to as “she” especially in poetic contexts. Ships also are sometimes referred to as “she” even if they’re named after men like the ore carrier Edmund Fitzgerald in the famous song (1975) by Gordon Lightfoot.
What pronoun is used for city?
In a work of fiction using he or she for a city may be consistent with the speaking style of a character. For expository writing I always agree with ewie with no exceptions.
Is city its or their?
When in doubt use “it”! Usually when a noun is not of the same gender in two different romance languages it means that the Latin root is neuter.
How do you write a city?
- Discuss one aspect of the city in each paragraph. …
- Use resources such as Wikipedia to help you find facts about the city.
- Use ‘its’ as a possessive when writing about a city (not her or his). …
- When using numbers write out the numbers up to twenty.
What is city simple words?
: a place where people live that is larger or more important than a town : an area where many people live and work. : the people in a city. : the government of a city.
Is India is a city?
The following is a list of top cities in India.
|84 43 675
What do em dashes do?
The em dash can function like a comma a colon or parenthesis. Like commas and parentheses em dashes set off extra information such as examples explanatory or descriptive phrases or supplemental facts. Like a colon an em dash introduces a clause that explains or expands upon something that precedes it.
Can you put a comma before and in a sentence?
How do you use commas in a sentence?
Rule 1. Use commas to separate words and word groups in a simple series of three or more items. Example: My estate goes to my husband son daughter-in-law and nephew. Note: When the last comma in a series comes before and or or (after daughter-in-law in the above example) it is known as the Oxford comma.
Commas between city and state
Topic 14: Your favorite city
5 cấu trúc ngữ pháp siêu ngầu cho IELTS Writing Task 2
Where to place Commas with names of Cities and States