What Are Four Factors That Contribute To Earth’s Stable Temperatures?
Although many factors combine to influence weather the four main ones are solar radiation the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt orbital distance from the sun and latitude temperature air pressure and the abundance of water.
What factors contribute to earth’s stable temperature?
Because Earth has a relatively fast rate of rotation (it takes 24 hours for one rotation) the fluid materials on Earth’s surface (i.e. atmosphere and oceans) move. By moving these materials mix hot and cold helping to keep temperatures moderate and stable.
What are the 4 controls of temperature?
The four controls of atmospheric temperature are (1) differential heating of land and water (2) ocean currents (3) altitude and geographic position and (4) cloud cover and albedo (Pearson The Atmosphere).
How does the Earth keep a steady temperature?
The earth-atmosphere energy balance is achieved as the energy received from the Sun balances the energy lost by the Earth back into space. In this way the Earth maintains a stable average temperature and therefore a stable climate. … Shortwave radiation reflected to space by the earth’s surface.
What are the four factors of climate?
- What Makes A Climate? Several factors go into making a climate. …
- Temperature. The temperature changes throughout the day. …
- Pressure. Atmospheric pressure is another important factor. …
- Cloud Cover. The number of clouds and the amount of dust and smog affect local climates by changing the temperature. …
- Humidity. …
What are the 5 factors of weather?
The five factors that determine the weather of any land area are: the amount of solar energy received because of latitude the area’s elevation or proximity to mountains nearness to large bodies of water and relative temperatures of land and water the number of such storm systems as cyclones hurricanes and …
What are factors affecting temperature?
- The latitude of the Place.
- The altitude of the Place.
- Distance From The Sea.
- The presence of warm and cold ocean Currents.
- Local Aspects.
What are the 3 types of temperature?
What are the 3 main temperature controls?
- Latitude (angle of Sun) – Chapter 2.
- Differential heating of land and water (they heat up/cool down differently)
- Ocean Currents.
- Geographic position.
- Cloud cover & albedo.
What are the two most important factors in temperature?
- The factors that affects temperature are altitude latitude and distance from sea.
- The height measured from sea level is called altitude.
- When the latitude increases the distant from the sun also increases so the temperature gradually decreases.
What 3 factors affect local climate?
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the factors that make a planet habitable?
- It has to be a comfortable distance away from a star (Habitable Zone)
- The stars around it have to be ‘stable’.
- It should not have a very low mass.
- It must rotate on its axis and revolve.
- It should have a molten core.
- It should hold an atmosphere.
What are the four major factors that influence the climate of South Africa?
- Altitude and Temperature. ©Peter Delaney. …
- Ocean Currents and Temperature. …
- Slope and Temperature. …
- Temperature and Cloud Cover. …
- Temperature and Wind.
What are the four elements that affect the weather at a given place?
The four elements include wind temperature air pressure and moisture.
How does temperature contribute to weather?
Warmer temperatures can also lead to a chain reaction of other changes around the world. That’s because increasing air temperature also affects the oceans weather patterns snow and ice and plants and animals. The warmer it gets the more severe the impacts on people and the environment will be.
What causes Earth’s weather?
What are 3 factors that affect the temperature and precipitation of a place?
The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude elevation and the presence of ocean currents. The precipitation characteristics of a region are influenced by factors such as proximity to mountain ranges and prevailing winds.
What are the 5 temperature scales?
Celsius Fahrenheit Kelvin Réaumur and Rankine.
What are the kinds of temperature?
There are three types of temperature scales commonly used today: Celsius Fahrenheit and Kelvin. We are used to expressing temperature with degrees Fahrenheit (F). Scientists often use degrees Celsius (C) but the Kelvin (K) is the SI unit for temperature.
At what level are C and F the same?
Therefore Celsius and Fahrenheit scale coincide at -40 degrees.
What is the most important control factor of temperature?
Latitude is the most important climatic control due to the effect is has on the amount of solar radiation reaching the Earth’s surface.
What is the most basic control of temperature?
- Latitude. It is the most basic control of temperature.
- Land-Water Contrasts. It reacts differently to solar heating and this exerts a stronger influence on the atmosphere.
- Ocean Currents. The general circulation of the ocean is a significant mechanism of global heat transfer.
- Wind Patterns. …
How do you manage your temperature?
- Take your temperature and assess your symptoms. …
- Stay in bed and rest.
- Keep hydrated. …
- Take over-the-counter medications like acetaminophen and ibuprofen to reduce fever. …
- Stay cool. …
- Take tepid baths or using cold compresses to make you more comfortable.
What is the most important factor that determines Earth’s temperature Brainly?
Explanation: The Sun is the primary source of energy that influences any planet’s temperature including Earth. The amount of energy received from the Sun is called insolation the ratio reflected is called the albedo.
How does temperature affect the ability of a planet?
The surface temperature of a planet has profound impacts on its habitability. … When a planet self-regulates that temperature can stabilize but if a world is constantly sweating off heat the surface could wind up too hot for water.
How do you think the temperature in the habitable zone?
The advanced life that we know about depends upon water so one condition for the habitable zone is that water can exist in liquid form so this requires a temperature range between 0°C and 100°C.
How does the temperature affect the ability of Earth to support life?
b. The presence of small amounts of heat-trapping greenhouse gases in the atmosphere warms Earth’s surface resulting in a planet that sustains liquid water and life.
What are the five factors that influence temperature and rainfall?
- 1.1. Distance from the Equator (Latitude)
- 1.2. Distance from the Sea. Inland areas are Hotter in Summer and Colder in Winter and receive LESS rainfall due to the distance travelled from the sea. …
- 1.3. Height above sea level (Altitude)
- 1.4. Ocean Currents and Winds.
- 1.5. Mountains (Aspect)
- 1.5. Mountains.
What are the factors that affects weather and climate?
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the factors that influence temperature and rainfall in Gauteng?
- Distance from equator.
- Distance from sea.
- Height above sea level.
- Ocean currents.
What are the 4 elements of earth?
Traditionally associated with Greek philosophy although identified by cultures across the world it is believed that four elements form the Universe Earth Air Fire and Water. No one could imagine surviving without any of these elements therefore they are identified as primal powers.
What are the four basic elements?
The four elements of western culture are: EARTH AIR FIRE and WATER. These four elements were believed to be essential to life.
What role does temperature play in our Earth’s system?
Temperature plays an important part in shaping weather patterns guiding the life cycle of various organisms and maintaining ocean levels. Shifting the temperature a couple of degrees can throw an entire ecosystem into chaos. … Outside of this range of temperatures crops have trouble producing large yields.
What causes the weather to be cold?
During the winter the sun’s rays hit the Earth at a shallow angle. These rays are more spread out which minimizes the amount of energy that hits any given spot. Also the long nights and short days prevent the Earth from warming up. Thus we have winter!
What Factors Affect Temperature – Latitude Altitude Wind and More – GCSE Geography
Weather & Climate – What factors affect temperatures
Factors Affecting the Distribution of Temperature -Ikenschool
Factors that affect temperature and rainfall