What does the destructive mean?
Definition of destructive
1 : causing destruction : ruinous destructive storm. 2 : designed or tending to hurt or destroy destructive criticism. Other Words from destructive Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About destructive.
What are the example of destructive?
The definition of destructive is destroying or creating chaos. An example of someone who is destructive is a person who breaks up every friendship he has ever had.
What is a word for destructive behavior?
In this page you can discover 83 synonyms antonyms idiomatic expressions and related words for destructive like: pestilential adverse injurious hostile negative noxious indiscriminate pestiferous self-destructive not constructive and cancerous.
How do you use the word destructive in a sentence?
- A destructive hurricane destroyed the coastal city leaving massive wreckage behind.
- After destroying her toys the destructive toddler was given a time out for breaking her things.
- The affair was a destructive force that ruined the couple’s marriage and caused them to get divorced.
What is destructive sentence?
causing destruction or much damage. 1. It is the most destructive storm in 20 years. 2. Clearing trees by burning is highly destructive of the forest environment.
What is destructive mean in science?
causing injury or blight especially affecting with sudden violence or plague or ruin. cataclysmal cataclysmic. severely destructive. caustic corrosive erosive mordant vitriolic. of a substance especially a strong acid capable of destroying or eating away by chemical action.
What is a destructive criticism?
Destructive criticism is defined as criticism performed with the intention to harm someone derogate and destroy someone’s creation prestige reputation and self-esteem. It’s meant to ridicule cause harm damage destroy and bring the person down.
What does self destructive mean?
Definition of self-destructive
: acting or tending to harm or destroy oneself self-destructive behavior also : suicidal a self-destructive impulse.
What do you mean by disastrous?
Definition of disastrous
1 : attended by or causing suffering or disaster : calamitous a disastrous flood. 2 : terrible horrendous a disastrous score.
What do you call something that causes damage?
The definition of a detriment is something that can cause damage injury or harm.
What does it mean crippling?
crippled crippling ˈkri-p(ə-)liŋ Definition of cripple (Entry 3 of 3) transitive verb. 1 : to deprive of the use of a limb and especially a leg the accident left him crippled. 2 : to deprive of capability for service or of strength efficiency or wholeness an economy crippled by inflation.
What is another word for self-destructive?
Find another word for self-destructive. In this page you can discover 13 synonyms antonyms idiomatic expressions and related words for self-destructive like: self-defeat suicidal uncreative sociopathic amoral irrational narcissistic self-centered nihilistic delusional and egotistic.
What are 3 examples of destructive forces?
- Temperature… cool nights and hot days causes water in the rock to expand and contract.
- Flowing rivers and streams.
- Roots and plants also pushing into the rocks.
- Animals burrowing and digging.
What is destructive language?
When people feel small – they don’t perform to the height of their ability. They are not motivated to succeed.
What is a good sentence for destruction?
1. The flood caused serious destruction to the village. 2. The fire caused the destruction of my books.
What is destructive power?
Destructive power is threat power that may lead to the destruction of use or exchange values or even human beings and nature. This instrumental definition of destructive power is free of value judgments. … In a way destructive power is the opposite or negative counterpart of creative power.
What type of word is destructive?
Causing destruction damaging.
How do you stop someone from criticizing you?
- Be realistic. …
- Look for the positives. …
- Don’t take his/her behavior personally. …
- Consider whether you need to say anything at all. …
- Ask directly and respectfully for what you want. …
- Manage your own anxiety and stress.
How can you protect yourself from destructive criticism?
- Don’t doubt your ability to identify it. A recent Inc article had this to say about destructive criticism: “Whether criticism or feedback is destructive or constructive is entirely up to you. …
- Ignore it. …
- Shut it down.
Why is destructive criticism bad?
Although both forms are challenging your ideas character or ability when someone is giving destructive criticism it can hurt your pride and have negative effects on your self-esteem and confidence. … Destructive criticism can in some cases lead to anger and/or aggression.
How do you know if someone is self destructive?
- Pessimism. Some will use negative thinking that becomes self-fulfilling. …
- Substance abuse. Substance abuse reflects a desire to escape routine daily life. …
- Compulsions. …
- Sabotaging relationships. …
- Martyrdom. …
- Neglecting responsibilities. …
- Isolating behaviors. …
How do you help someone with self destructive behavior?
What does help: Acknowledge the pain that’s causing this behavior. Let the person know their pain is valid and that they deserve to be able to let it out (either to you or a trained professional). Let them know that even though feeling better might feel hopeless in this moment that there are a lot of options for.
How do you fix self destructive behavior?
- Break the cycle of shame. …
- Don’t believe the negative self-talk. …
- Get support. …
- Use failure to learn. …
- Prepare ahead of time.
What does disastrous failure mean?
adjective. A disastrous event has extremely bad consequences and effects.
What is non disastrous?
: not destructive specifically : not causing destruction of material being investigated or treated nondestructive testing of metal.
How do you use disastrous?
- A disastrous business venture lost him thousands of dollars.
- We had a disastrous camping holiday.
- Climate change could have disastrous effects on Earth.
- After the disastrous collapse accident the bodies were too badly mangled to be recognized.
What is damage and destruction?
A damage and destruction clause in a commercial lease outlines the rights and. obligations of both the landlord and the tenant in the event that the leased premises are damaged or destroyed during the lease term or any extension or renewal thereof.
What does it mean to damage someone?
If you damage something or part of someone’s body you cause physical harm.
What word means damage?
- harm injury destruction vandalization vandalism.
- impairment defilement desecration defacement disfigurement scarring mutilation vitiation detriment.
- ruin havoc devastation.
- wear and tear battering friction erosion attrition corrosion abrasion deterioration degeneration.
Is it offensive to say cripple?
The words cripple and crippled are no longer considered appropriate. Although these terms have been in use since before the year 950 since the mid-1900s they have become increasingly uncommon and are now regarded as insulting.
Is cripple rude?
This term is generally agreed to be offensive toward a person or group of people. We strongly recommend you do not use this term and instead use a term not usually thought to be offensive.
What does hopeless cripple mean?
4 (informal) inadequate incompetent ineffectual inferior no good pathetic poor useless (informal)
What’s the opposite of destruction?
destructionnoun. Antonyms: conservation preservation perpetuation. Synonyms: annihilation demolition eradication ruin perdition havoc vandalism subversion desolation devastation iconoclasm.
What word means to destroy completely?
What is the meaning of the word DESTRUCTIVE?
Destruction | Meaning of destruction
Destructive Meaning And Pronunciation | Audio Dictionary