Argh Definition and what does that mean?
Argh has two variants aargh or aaargh. It is typically used to express frustration, disappointment, anguish, rage, pain, or other strong emotion.
Argh is an interjection (onomatopoeia) word and it usually lacks a grammatical connection.
- I was in California and I flipped on my social media feed and it was like, “Argh, I can’t get away from it.”
- “Aaargh!” said Ron as another twisted limb punched a large dent into his door …
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 1999
- … the dog wants to be walked, the bills need to be paid and 346 emails have to be answered. Aaargh!
- Eleanor Langston, Self, April 2009
- I’m a little more beat up this year … I’ll tell you when it feels like it when you go to bed. When you wake up you go, “Aargh.”
- Pedro Martinez, quoted in Daily News (New York), 24 Aug. 2005
What does Argh mean?
\ ˈärg \ variants: or aargh or aaargh. Definition of argh (Entry 2 of 2) —used typically to express frustration, disappointment, anguish, or pain I was in Hawaii and I flipped on the TV and it was on. I was like, “Argh, I can’t get away from it.”—
How do you spell the expression Argh?
(onomatopoeia) Expressing annoyance, dismay, embarrassment, or frustration. Argh!
How do you use Argh in a sentence?
The food looked absolutely amazing – all goat marinaded in garlic and sour spices, and charred over a pit, nom, nom, argh, drool, etc.
What does Argh mean in pirate?
Pronounced also as “Yarrr!” and “Arg!”, the word “Arrr!” is traditionally said by pirates when responding “yes” or when expressing excitement.
What is the Argh sound called?
[ pronounced as a guttural, r-like sound; spelling pronunciation ahr, ahrg ]. / pronounced as a guttural, r-like sound; spelling pronunciation ɑr, ɑrg. Middle School Level. interjection. (used as an exclamation of frustration, annoyance, etc.)
Is Argh a Scrabble word?
Yes, argh is a valid Scrabble word.